All iTEC and VTCT approved centres in the UK and Ireland have exclusive access to Pivot Point LAB through their registration fees.
LAB is an adaptable platform customisable for multiple learning styles to complement the work you are already doing. With the ability to design curriculum and learning paths with a simple drag and drop, this tool will embolden your teaching experience.
Using our expertise as a market-leading awarding organisation, we have designed this resource in partnership with Pivot Point using robust pedagogical input. Using the LAB resource in conjunction with our qualifications will fully prepare your students for their assessments.
Because it is specifically mapped to the qualification, LAB is a bespoke resource integral to the successful completion of specific Hairdressing, Barbering and Beauty qualifications.
PIVOT POINT LAB for Hairdressing, Barbering and Beauty Therapy includes:
• Access to over 400 videos giving a range of practical demonstrations
• Over 1,000 downloadable PDFs, including 480 teaching and learning activities (worksheets) for learners
• Over 125 online quizzes, to check knowledge and understanding
• 24 e-Books covering Hairdressing, Barbering and Beauty Therapy topics
• 29 Resource Maps, available as PDF and Word Documents, to enable tutors to cut and paste or amend the document to create Schemes of Work
• 40 slide presentations for use in the classroom.
The City of Liverpool College is currently using Pivot Point LAB with their Hairdressing, Beauty and Barbering learners across cohorts. Curriculum Team Leader, Julie Jarvis, explains the impact it has had in the college:
“The resources and information for the learners gives them excellent information about their qualification and helps with assessments, exams and practical sessions.
Tutors have found the resources, session plans, handouts and information invaluable for their teaching and learning with the students.
This bespoke resource has enabled us to deliver a quality teaching and learning experience for all learners.”
To learn more about Pivot Point LAB and how you can use it in your centre, please click here.