In September 2017, VTCT launched edge for certain Hairdressing and Barbering qualifications.
As of September 2018, edge now features LAB and is available for certain Hairdressing, Barbering and Beauty qualifications. A bespoke resource included as part of the qualification fee, LAB is designed to help educators personalise, differentiate and deliver a quality teaching and learning experience.
With the ability to develop learners’ skills, proficiency and confidence for success in the salon and barbershop, LAB will give you the edge.
The first suite of Beauty content has been released on the Pivot Point LAB platform and is now live. Please feel free to contact our Customer Support Team if you have any questions. The areas of study are as follows:
- Educator Resources
- Life Skills
- Salon & Spa Business
- Communication & Consultation
- Facial Treatments
- Hair Removal
Four additional areas of study will be added in early 2019: Nails, Makeup, Media Makeup and Eye Treatments. To see the list of accompanying qualifications, click here.
PIVOT POINT LAB for Hairdressing, Barbering and Beauty Therapy includes:
- Access to over 400 videos giving a range of practical demonstrations
- Over 1000 downloadable PDFs, including 480 teaching and learning activities (worksheets) for learners
- Over 125 online quizzes, to check knowledge and understanding
- 24 e-Books covering Hairdressing, Barbering and Beauty Therapy topics
- 29 Resource Maps, available as PDF and Word Documents, to enable tutors to cut and paste or amend the document to create Schemes of Work
- 40 slide presentations for use in the classroom.
Bolting on this one-stop solution will revolutionise the way in which Level 2 and 3 Hairdressing & Barbering and Level 2 Beauty Therapy qualifications are delivered. It upgrades the standard qualification to an enhanced offering and meets FELTAG requirements.
Click here for a full list of VTCT Hairdressing, Barbering and Beauty Therapy qualifications that include access to LAB as part of the registration fee from 1st August 2018*
Centres that register learners on these approved qualifications will have access.
* please note – having LAB included with the registration fee is currently only applicable in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland.