Entries are now open for the very first VTCT group Excellence Awards and the annual Grants and Bursaries initiative.
We are inviting all VTCT, Skillsfirst and iTEC centres to celebrate VTCT’s 60th anniversary with us by highlighting the outstanding achievements of your students, employers and educational organisations across the UK.
There is ample opportunity for centres, employers and training providers across our sectors to nominate and showcase the incredible people and successes that make your organisation special. With an array of entry categories, including:
- Apprentice of the Year
- Student of the Year
- Educator of the Year
- College of the Year
- Training Provider of the Year
- VTCT champion/Contribution to the Sector
Centres can enter more than once and in more than one category.
A host of spectacular judges spanning across VTCT, iTEC and Skillsfirst sectors will independently assess all entries. The phenomenal line-up includes top experts and practitioners such as:
- The Rt Hon Anne Milton – Chair (former Minister of State for Skills and Apprenticeships)
- Shelagh Legrave CBE DL (Further Education Commissioner, Department for Education)
- Rob Nitsch CBE (Delivery Director, Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education)
- Corrienne Peasgood OBE (Incoming president, Association of Colleges)
- Jane Hickie (Chief Executive, Association of Employment and Learning Providers)
- Sandy Silvester (Customer Services Director, Busy Bees)
- Lesley Shepperson (Education and Business Consultant and Trustee, VTCT)
- Kate Mooney (Training Provider Management and Quality Assurance Manager, BT)
Deadline for submissions is 31 March 2023.
In addition, entries for the annual VTCT Grants and Bursaries Programme are now open.
This funding programme is intended to support disadvantaged students, aged between 16-30, to fulfil their potential and provide the means for them fully engage with education, skills and training.
The Grants and Bursaries of up to £5,000 per College/School/Private Training Provider can benefit organisations in many ways. From providing uniforms or required kit for trainee chefs or beauty therapists, to assisting students through a hardship fund or helping people back into work after a career change or family break.
Nominees will be invited to an awards event on 13 July 2023 at Milton Keynes College, where Excellence awards winners will be announced and Grants and Bursaries recipients will be celebrated.
Entries close on 31 January 2023.