Become a Centre
ITEC send a Centre & Scheme Approval Form
–See additonal downloads on this page for supporting policy documents
ITEC receives the fully completed Centre & Scheme Approval Form for expert review
If unsuccessful ITEC produces feedback on further action required and centre re-submits
ITEC contact the Centre to arrange for an inspection
An ITEC examiner inspects the Centre to ensure it meets the standards required to deliver ITEC qualifications
Congratulations, your Centre is registered to deliver ITEC qualifications
The table below gives an overview of the fees for applications. For a full breakdown of UK fees see our Service Fees here
|Application Type||Approval Visit Fee||Desktop Approval Fee|
|Centre Registration Fee (once only)||£600||£600|
|Additional Centre/Venue fee||£450||£450|
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the service fee list for non-UK centres.
ITEC affords a superior experience for training organisations. An experience that is grounded in understanding our centres from working with them closely, having subject experts with proven expertise and having aligned systems and processes that make things easier. Some principle highlights in the training organisation experience include:
1. Utilising a superior, purpose-built IT system, ITEC e-World that has been developed to help our centres face the challenges and more importantly, take advantage of the opportunities technology can provide.
- e-Portfolio -that links seamlessly to the ITEC examination system and is directly linked to the ITEC results system enabling lecturers to desktop assess learners and monitor milestone achievements (particularly important for Ofsted).
- e-Learning Resources – with its potential to reduce class hours through directed study, providing relevant support material to learners and on-line text books for tutors and learners.
- Online Theory Testing
- Preliminary Marks
- Online Claims
2. Having a named ITEC Account Manager who you can meet on a regular basis.
3. Working with ITEC personnel who have worked in the hair and beauty sector and are highly experienced in the assessment and award process.
4. Having a Transition Team appointed to work closely with our clients during the first 90 days.
External Quality Assurance
Qualifications that consist mainly of internal assessment, such as all NVQ programmes, some Hairdressing VRQs and some Complementary Therapy qualifications, are subject to an external verification requirement. An ITEC External Quality Assurer (EQA) will contact your centre once registrations have been received, to arrange a verification visit.
During the visit, the EQA will:
- Meet with the Internal Quality Assurer (IQA)/Quality Auditor and check relevant documentation on Centre Quality control
- Observe assessors/tutors carrying out the assessment process in a realistic working/learning environment and meet with new assessors (as appropriate)
- Verify the assessment process
- Check candidate portfolios of evidence and written test papers/results
- Check action (if any) from previous visit has been resolved/completed
- Agree with the IQA/Quality Auditor any action required
At the visit, centres will need to provide:
- All learner portfolios of evidence/record of assessment books, written test papers and results
- Updated information for new assessors and their qualifications
- A list of candidates registered for the qualification(s) to be verified
- Access to tracking documents showing completed/internally verified learners
- Feedback from Quality Auditor/IQA on the performance of the assessor(s)
- Details of any changes or updated policies that the centre has
- Details of any personnel changes
During the visit, the EQA will compile information relating to their finding from the visit, and an EQA report will be produced.
Ridma Perera, Director, London Hair & Beauty Ltd
“From registration to enrolment and all the way through to their examination process, ITEC are seamless. Their support outside of their normal framework is also invaluable to any service provider”Read Case Study