ITEC Qualifications for the World
Your future with ITEC
ITEC qualifications are the best way to start your career in the beauty, complementary and sports industries. Recognised in over 33 countries worldwide; an ITEC qualification will help you wherever you choose to work.
An ITEC qualification proves you have:
- full knowledge and understanding of the subject
- the highest level of practical skills
- certainty that you are a professional therapist able to work internationally
- Registers and inspects colleges delivering ITEC programmes
- Requires rigorous standards for training
- Provides an independent examination system that tests your underpinning knowledge and skills giving you the confidence to work as a professional therapist
Where to study for an lTEC qualification:
- Over 750 colleges worldwide
- Colleges offer part-time, full-time and weekend/evening programmes
ITEC Graduates work:
- As salon/clinic owners or as visiting therapists
- In spas, clinics, salons and health farms
- In the Health Service
- At sports centres, clubs and leisure centres
- On cruise liners
Thinking of having your own salon/clinic? The lTEC syllabus covers the fundamentals of running your own salon, clinic, spa or fitness centre. ITEC training is ideal for mature students and those with existing nursing, care and other therapy qualifications.
Qualifications are available in 2 categories:
Once you have decided on a qualification, use the link below to find an ITEC approved centre in your area; please contact them for course details
ITEC qualifications are accredited by the Office of the Qualifications and Examination Regulator (OFQUAL) and are eligible for funding in the UK through the Skills Funding Agency. ITEC qualifications have been mapped to the National Occupational Standards, where they exist.
Accrediting Candidate’s Previous Learning (APL)
ITEC’s objective is to ensure that students fully demonstrate their ability and knowledge. This is usually achieved through an ITEC examination, course work or practical assessment, however if a candidate has clear evidence of previous achievement then this may be taken into account and may exempt them from one or more assessments.
ITEC should also be informed of any candidates with additional needs at the time of enrolment. Please refer to ITEC Procedure for Accrediting Candidates Prior Learning (APL) for details.
Grading of ITEC Qualifications
All VRQ qualifications are graded as follows:
It is the aggregate of all of the units that determines the final grade.
All NVQ qualifications are a Pass grade.