Qualifications that consist mainly of internal assessment, such as all NVQ programmes, some Hairdressing VRQs and some Complementary Therapy qualifications, are subject to an external verification requirement. An ITEC External Verifier (EV) will contact your centre once registrations have been received, to arrange a verification visit.
During the visit, the EV will:
- Meet with the Internal Verifier/Quality Auditor and check relevant documentation on Centre Quality control
- Observe assessors/tutors carrying out the assessment process in a realistic working/learning environment and meet with new assessors (as appropriate)
- Verify the assessment process
- Check candidate portfolios of evidence and written test papers/results
- Check action (if any) from previous visit has been resolved/completed
- Agree with the Internal Verifier/Quality Auditor any action required
At the visit, centres will need to provide:
- All learner portfolios of evidence/record of assessment books, written test papers and results
- Updated information for new assessors and their qualifications
- A list of candidates registered for the qualification(s) to be verified
- Access to tracking documents showing completed/internally verified learners
- Feedback from Quality Auditor/IV on the performance of the assessor(s)
- Details of any changes or updated policies that the centre has
- Details of any personnel changes
During the visit, the EV will compile information relating to their finding from the visit, and an EV report will be produced. Please click here to see an example report.
The information contained on these pages is for use by ITEC approved centres. Copies of all regulations can be requested from the ITEC office by email.