Learner Privacy Information Notice
We receive personal information from your learning centre, training provider or employer when you are enrolled for an ITEC qualification course.
As an Awarding Organisation, we use your personal information for the purposes of providing your requested qualification. We only use your personal information where this is necessary to:
• Administer your qualification assessment
• Record your progress and completion of the required assessment modules
• Award of your qualification or
• Where we are under a legal or regulatory obligation to do so, for example, to formally register the award of your qualification with the official bodies that regulate qualifications, examinations and assessments in the UK. (OFQUAL, Scottish Qualifications Authority, CCEA Northern Ireland and Qualification Wales).
We therefore record and retain a record of your first name, last name, Unique Learner Number, date of birth, address and postcode. A separate privacy notice is published on our itecworld.co.uk website covering information that may be collected if you use our website to contact us or access any of our supporting services.
ITEC retain personal data relating to your learning, assessment and certification to enable us to provide information about your learning or issue a replacement certificate for a period of 65 years.
In order to comply with any contractual, legal, audit and other regulatory requirements, we will retain personal data relating to appeals, investigations and our quality assurance processes, for a period of 6 years.
ITEC does not sell, rent, lease or disclose your personal information to third parties except for official reporting. However we may share your personal information with carefully approved business partners who assist us in delivering our services. All such service providers are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to ITEC, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Special Category (sensitive personal data)
Where you or your learning centre have requested learning support adjustments to be made due to a physical disability, learning difficulties, mental health issues or other conditions, ITEC will process this information to fulfil your request and/or establish eligibility for special adjustments to be made.
This may include evidence of your condition or needs such as a medical report. You have a right to withdraw your consent for processing this special category information at any time except where the processing relates to an overriding legal or regulatory obligation placed upon ITEC. Withdrawing consent for processing medical data may result in the withdrawal of learning support arrangements.
Security of your Personal Information
ITEC protects your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. ITEC adopts internationally recognised best practice security standards to secure your personal information and our computer servers operate in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
• You have specific rights over the processing of your personal data granted under UK data protection law. These include:
• A general right to be informed about the processing of your personal data.
• A right to request access (e.g. receive a copy of the personal data ITEC holds about you).
• A right to have inaccurate personal data corrected (rectification).
• A right to be informed about how long your personal information will be retained.
• A right to request erasure of your personal data if ITEC has no legal, statutory or regulatory reason for retaining it.
• A right to restrict the processing of your personal information causing, or likely to result in harm or distress (subject to ITEC’s legal obligations for processing).
• A right to portability where applicable (i.e. to have your personal data provided in machine readable format to another organisation without constraint)
• A right to object to the processing conducted by ITEC.
• A right to complain to the UK data protection supervisory authority (the UK Information Commissioner www.ico.gov.uk) and to obtain appropriate judicial remedy if your rights are not upheld.
If you have any concerns or require further information about how ITEC processes your personal information or wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact the ITEC Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Data Protection Officer,